Frequently Asked Questions
Click on your question from the following list of Frequently Asked Questions. Your answer will be highlighted below.
- Where is the nearest Club
- When and where is the next course/championship/meeting etc
- What is the youngest age for children to start Karate
- How do I obtain/renew my licence
- How do I Affiliate my club to the KUGB
- What is the difference between styles
- I have had a break in training - do I need to re-grade
- What insurance cover is provided by my licence
- How do I transfer from my current style/grade
Where is the nearest Club
Please visit our Club Locations section.
When and where is the next course/championship/meeting etc
Please visit our Events section
What is the youngest age for children to start Karate
Insurance companies will not insure children under 4.
Clubs cannot therefore accept children under this age and some clubs will have their own minimum age - often around 7 or 8
How do I obtain/renew my licence
Ask your club instructor/secretary
How do I Affiliate my club to the KUGB
Email your details to us and we will send you an information pack
What is the difference between styles
All styles of Karate practice blocking, striking and kicking, but with different emphasis on range, speed and direction of techniques
I have had a break in training - do I need to re-grade
No, we don't take away grades - but ask your instructor to help you return to fitness, ability and standard in a sensible and safe way
What insurance cover is provided by my licence
The licence provides member to member, public liability and Professional liability cover. A copy of the insurance synopsis is held by all clubs.