KUGB Karate Events and News Reports
Saturday 6th May 2017
51st KUGB National Championships (2017)
This is a prestigious event at a prestigious venue and the standard of dress for all involved must reflect this. Karate is an art where etiquette and respect are paramount and this must be reflected in the appearance of all those involved. Please note that a strict dress code will be enforced at this year's event, ie:
- Competitor's Gis must be clean and undamaged and only the KUGB or the club badge will be allowed on the left chest. Manufacturer's badges will only be allowed on the bottom of the jacket lapel and adjacent to the trouser waistband.
- Manufacturer's labels will only be allowed on the wrist band of mitts, which must be white and KUGB approved.
- Manufacturer's labels will be allowed at one end only of belts, close to the tip.
- Coaches must wear a smart tracksuit or gi.
- LSM's must wear smart clothing, ie, trousers or skirts, shirts or blouses - jeans, tracksuits, shorts, trainers etc will not be allowed.
Competitor Entry Forms
Downloadable entry forms will be made available closer to the date. Please keep checking back here for updates.
Long Standing Member Awards
LSM status is awarded to KUGB members who have had a minimum of 20 years licences - these do not need to be continuous. Certificates are also awarded for 30 and 40 years membership. The certificates can be received in person or by their representative at the National Championships; those unable to attend will be sent their certificate.
The downloadable LSM Nomination form will be made available closer to the date (please keep checking back here for updates). Alternatively, you can use the Contact Form on our website. Those who apply will receive a VIP card for themselves and their guests.
Please note that those who have not yet received LSM certificates or licence holders from previous years are being contacted and will receive these shortly - any enquiries on this should be sent to the KUGB Administration Office.
Referees, Judges, Timekeepers and Recorders are requested to contact the KUGB Administration Office to confirm their attendance in order for us to arrange admittance and catering.